Thursday, August 17, 2006

Advice: Introduction Letters

Are you tired of trying to come up with ideas for articles? I know sometimes my ideas well runs dry. But don't let that stop you from pursuing your writing goals. Instead of writing queries, try writing introduction letters to editors. Now, this may not work so well with large, consumer publications like Travel + Leisure. But you might score points with editors at smaller online zines or regional/local magazines. I know that introduction letters work. I've sent some that have resulted in jobs and I never had to brainstorm for ideas (these were for trade publications). But I am going to start sending introduction letters to some consumer publications to see what happens.

I came across a great article on writing-world.com the other day that has a great sample introduction letter. Check it out and good luck!

No comments: