Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The New Traveler's Pen

To quote myself, Traveler's Pen was once a much needed umbrella in an unexpected down pour of rain. A place to get answers to simple questions, share in other travel writers successes, and a place to grow their ambitions into a career. Sadly, after five months, my co-founder Denene, decided to move on to other projects, which left me alone. For the months, we provided content to Traveler's Pen, we were not convinced enough people were reading the blog or actually using our advice. Ultimately, I wanted to continue Traveler's Pen and often brainstormed different ideas, but wanted to ensure whatever I did would make a difference.

Well, that day has come. Finally, after five months of brainstorming (okay, okay, I was just a tad busy), I'm proud to re-introduce Traveler's Pen as a new resource for travelers! The new Traveler's Pen will be the place to receive answers to your travel-related questions. No matter how mundane or difficult.

As many of you know (or can read to your left), I'm a freelance travel writer based in Atlanta. I also teach "How to Travel the World on Your Budget" at Emory University and online. By teaching the class, I was surprised to learn the basic information I assumed everyone knew, most did not. More than that, daily, I receive travel or travel-related questions from readers or former students. So, I decided to reinvent this blog and invite readers to post questions about travel.

So, let's get started. If you have a question, please send an email to travelerspen@yahoo.com. I'll choose a question and post the answer. If I don't know the answer, I'll find an expert who can.


No comments: