Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Writer's Resource: Vagablogging

If you're at least interested in travel writing, then you've heard of Rolf Potts. Rolf, in my opinion, is the king of travel writing. He has a very successful book, Vagabonding, which revoluntionized long term travel. His work has appeared in all the top travel magazines: Outside Traveler, National Geographic Adventure, Conde Nast Traveler, and many more. He has keeps a very accurate and updated blog, Vagablogging.

When I first decided I wanted to be a travel writer, his blog was the first thing I read. I wanted to mimic and study his style and approach. So, I sent hours reading his archived articles and taking notes. He also has a page answering every beginning travel writers question: How do I get started.

Monthly, he interviews some of the travel writers in the business. As well as keeps his readers informed on the latest in the travel writing world, magazine articles, and his personal observations. His blog should definitely become part of your daily read.

No comments: