Thursday, January 11, 2007

2007 Top Destinations

Question: I'm in the process of planning our summer vacation. What are some of the top travel destinations for 2007?

Answer: Interesting question, because today, while deleting old emails in my inbox, I discovered an article on the 2007 travel trends. My opinion of these types of articles is two-fold. Being a off-the-beaten path traveler, I venture against the grain and what these articles tend to do is lead travelers to the destinations mentioned . On the other hand, they also highlight changes or new developments in cities or countries. Either way, I suggest using these destinations as an idea.

According to Frommer's, the stand-out destinations features cities from six of the seven continents. Here are a few highlights (along with my personal comments):

  • Zurich, Switzerland --- I'm a bit bias on this one. I believe every city in Switzerland is a must-see. But, Switzerland's largest city enchants with churches, fountains, and great food.
  • Asheville, North Carolina --- Everyone knows North Carolina's top attraction is the Outer Banks. So I was thrilled to see Asheville make the list. Mountain scenery, quirky art galleries, and hiking.
  • Tokyo, Japan --- Be warned. Tokyo is not for the budget conscious. It's noted for being one of the most expensive cities in the world. But, don't let this stop you from enjoying temples, museums, and an active nightlife that rivals New York City.

Hope this helps!

* Have a question? Please send an email to travelerspen@yahoo.com or leave a comment.

Terah Shelton
Traveler. Writer. Ingenue.

No comments: